Thursday, May 9, 2013

Good Kitty

One of the little things Dorian and I "argue" about is how much Akhim has become "my cat," when Dorian was the one who raised him. Akhim follows me around the house, sits on whatever part of me is available if I'm stationary too long, sleeps curled up against me every night (and goes to bed with me), and comes when I call his name. He's also a ridiculously intelligent cat, and many of our friends have joked that he's more person than cat, or that he clearly understands English.

"Sweetie, it's time to get up."
"You and what army?"
(Akhim walks into the room.) "Uh...this one. Akhim, help me wake up daddy."
(Akhim jumps onto the bed.) "He won't do it. He fears my power."
"Akhim, wake up daddy."
(Akhim jumps onto Dorian's back, proceeds to walk all over it and tickle his face with his whiskers.)
"Akhim, you are an embarrassment to the entire Bolshoi Theatre."

No comments:

Post a Comment