Thursday, March 15, 2012

And with that, I'm getting up

I've been moderately ill for the last couple of days--hot and cold flashes, dizziness, queasiness, coughing, all a bunch of low-grade but persistent symptoms. Last night, my coughing was keeping me up.

I kept turning over, moving around, sitting up, propping pillows, all in an attempt to find a position that I wasn't going to be constantly coughing in. Dorian gets up very early for work, and I didn't want to disturb his sleep.

Apparently, I had.

I rolled over onto my back, where I hoped I would not cough further. Unfortunately, I let out a series of hacks, and Dorian (who was still mostly asleep), rolled over to face me. He opened his arms, and, with a just-this-side-of-acceptably-gentle amount of force, dropped his upper body onto mine, pressing his face against my chest.

With his face buried in my sternum, and, by all observation on my part, addressing my lungs, he moaned, "Stoppiiiit! Shhh!"

Then he poked me in the ribs for good measure.

I gave up and got out of bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment