Sunday, May 27, 2012

Over 9,000!

As of right now, Senatorial Kittens has 9,089 pageviews. Wow. Thanks, everyone!

This one from this morning is my doing, I'm afraid.

Me: "I had a weird dream."
Dorian: "Hmm?"
"The king from The Last Unicorn, I can't remember his name, he was this wizard, but really insanely powerful, and I wandered into his woods and he cursed me and then he came back...it was all done in Ralph Bakshi style animation...he was still voiced by Christopher Lee...I can't remember the name of the king, though...that's really going to bother me..."
"Hmm."

Several minutes...okay, like, half an hour passed as I sat and mulled over it. The Last Unicorn was my favorite movie growing up, and one of my favorite books. I've seen it more times than I can count, I can recite most of the dialog from memory. Not being able to remember the name of the antagonist was really bothering me. As I sat and thought about it, I failed to notice Dorian had fallen back to sleep.

Half an hour later...

Me: "HAGGARD!"
(Dorian, alarmed and jerking awake): "Ahh! Wha? Wha?!"
"The king's name is Haggard."
"Oh...that's...well, I'm glad you figured that out."
"I'm sorry, you were sleeping again, weren't you?"
(Dejectedly) "Yes. I was...asleep."

My bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment